Wooden bathroom furniture
How to care for your high-quality wooden furniture.
Wooden bathroom furniture
The surfaces of Villeroy & Boch bathroom furniture are made from materials such as sealed, varnished wood or hard-wearing laminates. Wood is a natural product. Variations in colour, structure, grain or small knots and inclusions are not quality flaws, rather evidence of the material's natural composition.
Furniture surfaces should not remain covered by pools of water or exposed to moisture for prolonged periods. Wipe the surfaces using a dry cloth. All surfaces have limited UV resistance. Constant exposure to UV radiation may result in discolouration. Avoid contact with abrasive, pointed or sharp objects.
Remove chemicals such as hair tints, descaling agents, nail polish remover, perfumes, etc. from furniture surfaces immediately.
Caring for wood correctly
Scratches or marks on varnished, veneered or laminated wooden items should be resealed as quickly as possible to prevent any further damage to the surface.
Cleaning and care:
Do not use any abrasive or acidic cleaners or cleaning products containing solvents or grease! Always wipe dry! If you are using a cleaning product, check the label to make sure it is suitable for the material you intend to clean. Test the product in an inconspicuous place before using it for the first time. After each use, we recommend that you rinse off any soap marks and dry the surface carefully using a soft, clean cloth. This will help to preserve the glossy sheen of your Villeroy & Boch product and prevent water marks.
Cleaning special surfaces
- Wipe bathroom furniture using a soft clean cloth, moistened with some lukewarm water and a mild household cleaner (e.g. diluted washing-up liquid), applying only very gentle pressure.
- Use a chamois moistened with some lukewarm water to wipe mirrored surfaces. Wipe the corners of mirrors dry.
- Wipe leather and synthetic leather areas using a microfibre cloth moistened with some lukewarm water.
- Wipe metal surfaces using a soft cloth moistened with some lukewarm water and a mild household cleaner (e.g. diluted washing-up liquid).
- Use a microfibre cloth and a non-abrasive stainless steel cleaner to clean stainless steel components. Spray the cleaner onto the cloth and then wipe the item.
- Natural stone tiles have been impregnated and can be cleaned in the same way as furniture. Please refer also to the separate instructions including information for marble tiles.
- Artificial stone tiles can be buffed up using polish (e.g. car polish).
- Clean flocking using a soft brush and household cleaner.
- WARNING! Efficient ventilation and extraction in the bathroom are essential to maintain your furniture's quality and appearance.
Make sure electrical items in your bathroom are switched off before cleaning them using a dry cloth. A small but important point: As with all electrical appliances – items of furniture with integrated lights or other electrical components must not come into contact with water!